Animal Rights Zone

Fighting for animal liberation and an end to speciesism

I am one not in favor of any store additionally adding rabbits to the meats they already sell. Sadly, I have learned that here locally in Richmond, Va. where I live that the food chain, Whole Foods Market, locally is planning to add rabbits to their list of saleable items.

When I called my local Whole Foods Market as requested by a group protesting this food chain from selling rabbits, before I could even state the reason I was calling the lady who answered, abruptly hung up on me. From what I gather this food chain is not very receptive toward changing this policy in spite that other stores have refrained from selling rabbit meat and this woman, probably deluged with calls thought I was another such protestor. And when I am treated like this regardless of the reason, it makes me want to take my business elsewhere WHICH IMOST DEFINELY AM GOING TO DO AND HOPE OTHERS WILL FEEL THE SAME WAY.

I don’t know whether or not you realize it there are 10 billion animals each year in America that are cruelly and sadistically slaughtered, which include cattle, sheep, chickens, pigs, and horses. And then this does not include the hundreds of thousands of ducks, deer, geese, elk, etc. killed by the hunters. Aren’t these animals enough for the American public to eat each year. And now they have to add rabbits to their list?

What next, human fleshohhhhh, how yummy, yummy?

Meat really is not that good health wise to consume and many scientific studies are beginning to confirm that fact. This is one of several reasons I became a vegetarian. If you don’t believe me just go to the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine website and learn the real truth.

I truly hope many others feel like me that adding an animal we regard as a pet to the meat supply is not right and contact:

John Mackey, CEO
Whole Foods Market, Inc.
550 Bowie Street
Austin, TX 78703-464
Phone: 804.364.4050

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Karen, 

Here in Australia it's quite common for humans to eat rabbits, and always has been. Well, for as long as I can remember. I guess it depends on the culture of different places as to who they determine will be labeled as "food" and who will be labeled as their "pets".  Two of the main species of animals that we eat here in Australia are lambs and kangaroos. I think if we find every species just as inappropriate to eat as the other, we could send a strong message that other animals - all other animals, ought not be regarded as our "food" at all. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Videos

• Add Videos

ARZone Podcasts!

Please visit this webpage to subscribe to ARZone podcasts using iTunes

or

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow ARZone!

Please follow ARZone on:

Twitter

Google+

Pinterest

A place for animal advocates to gather and discuss issues, exchange ideas, and share information.

Creative Commons License
Animal Rights Zone (ARZone) by ARZone is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at www.arzone.ning.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.arzone.ning.com.

Animal Rights Zone (ARZone) Disclaimer

Animal Rights Zone (ARZone) is an animal rights site. As such, it is the position of ARZone that it is only by ending completely the use of other animal as things can we fulfill our moral obligations to them.

Please read the full site disclosure here.

Animal Rights Zone (ARZone) Mission Statement

Animal Rights Zone (ARZone) exists to help educate vegans and non-vegans alike about the obligations human beings have toward all other animals.

Please read the full mission statement here.

Members

Events

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Animal Rights Zone.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Google+